Ukelele strings in Aachen

Begonnen von SamiUke, 06. Dez 2017, 22:10:53

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

SamiUke

Hi guys, does anyone know where I can buy new strings for my ukelele here in Aachen? Is it maybe cheaper to buy them online? Would be grateful for any info, I am a beginner Uki player :-)

Ukulehrling

Hi SamiUke,

as I live in Aachen myself, I know three options:

Musikcenter C. Pfleging, Seilgraben 16, 52062 Aachen, 5 minutes walk from the "Bushof" - nice guy, specialized on Guitars and drum sets, has always a couple of ukuleles in the shop. I have seen some "Harley Benton" strings behind his counter, some good brands as well, should have something usable. -  I have bought two ukuleles in this shop, both Mahalos. So far, all my strings came from that big, south German web shop with the "T".

Musikhaus Hogrebe, Großkölnstr. 45, 52062 Aachen, this is the pedestrian zone from the start of Seilgraben (see above) up towards the Rathaus/Markt. I bought my first ukulele there. While I am still happy with that instrument I now avoid the shop for a couple of reasons. One day, when I asked for simple, cheap guitar strings for an old, broken guitar form the bulky waste, they offered me something at around 8 EUR. For this I got quite good branded stuff at the "big T" online shop ... I know Hogrebe since primary school. They make me think of "Apothekenpreise" (pharmacy prices).

There is also Media Music Aachen, a shop in Karlsgraben 6, 52064 Aachen. From some facebook page or such I remember they offered ukuleles, they also sell quite a few guitars. So far I had no chance to check this shop out. Should you go there, let me know your verdict.

Music Professional Offelder, Roermonder Straße 370, 52072 Aachen was new to me until I googled for the exact address of Musikcenter C. Pfleging (above). According to their web shop they offer guitars, synths, and drums, but no ukuleles. Who knows ...?

On the other hand: we are having some "ukulele meetings" from time to time, currently more or less under the radar. But if you are interested, check out the threads on "Aachener Ukuleletreffen" here on the board and let me know ...

Regards

Andreas

Edit: typo
𝄞 😎 Ewiger 🔰Anfänger mit UAS und viel zu wenigen 🍍Pineapple-Ukulelen ...

SamiUke

Wow, that was REALLY helpful and quiet thorough. Thank you!!

I play the soprano ukelele, which is great because I have small fingers and I am a newbie so it's great for learning on. I definitely would love to meet up with the rest of you Aachener ukelele players because I could use some help with my technique. I would also love to jam, even if it means just strumming some chords in the background  :P.

Hopefully after the Christmas rush we can all meet up.

Samantha :-)