Verwirrt mit \"Novelty Professional Strokes\" von Roy Smeck

Begonnen von Spottdrossel, 17. Mär 2012, 22:52:39

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Spottdrossel

In \"Ukulele Method for Chord and Melody Playing\" von Roy Smeck, gibt es 3 interessanten \"Novelty Professional Strokes.\"   Ich habe das Buch gekauft und Mel Bay hat auch diese genauen Seiten auf seiner Seite gestellt.

http://ukesessions.com/?p=6

Mein Problem ist mit der Zeichnung.    Ich bin verwirrt mit der Richtung der Pfeile für mein Hand für jedes Bild.

No. 1  The round and round the circle stroke
---> Linksdrehend oder  rechtsdrehend?

No. 2  The Figure Eight Stroke
---> Linksdrehend oder  rechtsdrehend?

No. 3  The Zigzag Stroke
---> Man beginnt am oben oder unten?

Danke im voraus!

Spottie

Tuke

Hallo Spotty, schön, dass Du ,,bei der Arbeit" bist! :mrgreen:

Ich lese die Diagramme so:

Nr. 1: Im Uhrzeigersinn
Nr. 2: Über dem Ukulelenkörper im Uhrzeigersinn, über dem Hals gegen den Uhrzeigersinn.
Nr. 3: Man beginnt unten
"Die Normalität ist eine gepflasterte Straße: Sie ist bequem zu gehen, aber auf ihr wachsen keine Blumen." - Vincent van Gogh

-Jens-

The finger should follow the arrow, I think.
no.2 starts with an upstroke at the fretboard followed by a downstroke in the middle followed by an upstroke beyond the soundhole - left turn, right turn.
no.3 is confusing, first stroke appears up to me, not down as indicated.

Spottdrossel

Danke Tuke und Jens.

I\'ll write in English since it\'s confusing to me.  

@Jens:  #3 seems confusing with the wording as you said.  It should start with an upstroke methinks and you end up with an upstroke towards one\'s chest.  Is everyone in agreement?  

#2:  It starts with an upstroke from where a pick-guard would go counterclockwise (underneath and to the left of the soundhole) and afterwards, you always end up going clockwise (im Uhrzeigersinn) around the soundhole

#1:  I should go clockwise (im Uhrzeigersinn) around the soundhole with my right hand.   What\'s funny is that is is easier to play counter-clockwise around the soundhole.  That\'s what\'s mixed me up as well.  

Spottie

-Jens-

no.2 starts counterclockwise [up (beat 1) -down (beat 2), then clockwise around the soundhole [up (3) - down (4)], then restarts counterclockwise ... the way I would read it. And yes, it ends with a downstroke after the clockwise turn around the soundhole (on 4).
Hm, looks like a lot of movement. I\'m sure it looks funny when played fast :)

Spottdrossel

Zitat von: -Jens-no.2 starts counterclockwise [up (beat 1) -down (beat 2), then clockwise around the soundhole [up (3) - down (4)], then restarts counterclockwise ... the way I would read it. And yes, it ends with a downstroke after the clockwise turn around the soundhole (on 4).
Hm, looks like a lot of movement. I\'m sure it looks funny when played fast :)
Thanks for the help, Jens.    I think when you do the first counterclockwise upbeat 1,  it seems logical to brush your index finger across the strings above the nut so you get a light sound hi-pitched sound.   Kind of like plucking on the high strings inside an open grand piano lid.  

Spotty

Spottdrossel

Ich habe etwas besser darüber aus einem Buch von 1928 gefunden et das erkläkt alles.

no.1 = im Uhrzeigersinn
no.2 = im Uhrzeigersinn (am Anfang)
no.3 = Man beginnt oben nach unten

Spottie