Greetings & teacher question

Begonnen von dannygr, 21. Dez 2016, 12:57:33

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

dannygr

Hi everybody,

first of all, sorry for writing in English! My German language skills are still quite bad.

I got a Kala tenor earlier this year and I'm loving it! I spent all this time trying to transfer whatever guitar skills I had to the ukulele using online resources and books. There has been some progress, but I think it's time to look for an ukulele teacher, so I'd really appreciate it if you could point me to the correct forum thread(s) or if you recommended a specific teacher or school in Berlin.

Thanks in advance!
Iordanis

UkeDude

There are several schools in Berlin, e.g. the Freie Musikschule Lichterfelde West.

Ukelmine

I recommend TonArt Die Musikschule, Berlin Steglitz.:-)

dannygr

Thanks UkeDude & Ukelmine for the suggestions!

Unfortunately, the school in Lichterfelde is too far way from me, but the one in Steglitz looks promising:)

Ukelmine

Knasterbax

Hi Iordanis,

welcome to the club!

Besides music schools/teachers, you should concider a visit to the Berlin Ukulele Stammtisch! You'll get a lot of useful hints, I assume.
Next chance: http://www.ukulelenboard.de/index.php?topic=21287.new#new

CU,
Matthias
Ich bin ja eher fürs Spielen als fürs Üben. (skiffle)

dannygr

Hi Matthias,

I am aware of the Stammtisch, but I think not speaking German might be an issue:) However, I could try to attend the next one.

-Iordanis

allesUkeoderwas

Jassu Iordanis!
Katalaveno mikro heleniko.  :D

I think we all speak enough english for making music and the owners wife of lagari is from greece.
Ukulelen: Nur Schrott

dannygr

Wow, I wasn't expecting that:)

Actually, the "gr" comes from my last name.

But you're right in that I speak Greek, since I'm from Cyprus. So, geia sou allesUkeoderwas!