NYLON SAITEN

Begonnen von doctor dick, 28. Nov 2010, 13:36:54

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

losguidos

Yes, I think both would be ok... I personally would prefer the J92\'s but probably the differnece is minimal.

greetings

UliS

I once tried the D\'ADDARIO J53 and found then utterly disappointing.
Sloppy feeling and unsatisfying sound...
 - but they looked great.

Bine 64

I have experiences with the pyramid strings. If you want to have the \"plong plong plong\" - sound, you can try it with them. For my taste they were too unflexible and I didn´t really liked the sound. If I compare them with Aquilas, they sound muted and a little like plastic and they are thicker than Aquilas.

wwelti

If you want \"the old ukulele sound\", why don\'t you try genuine gut strings? ;) ... I tried them once, and I think they\'re not bad. If I wanted to get an old fashioned uke sound I\'d go for them.

Ole Lele

Zitat von: doctor dickI want to put them on my Kala Spruce-Maple Concert because I think that the Aquila strings has to little tone and when I put Worth clear or brown strings on it, it sounds to gently, like a harp.
I think you really should try the Ko\'olau strings. It\'s gut strings with tone. The colour is similar (but more yellow) and they also feel rough and make a hissing sound when you glide over them. They sound more percussive than other nylons. In many respect they even seem closer to guts than Aquillas do, but when fingered in the upper positions, they do have more tone than gut or nylgut strings.

I currently have a blend of Ko\'olau and brown Worth strings on my 1920\'s Martin. I use the Ko\'olau outer strings, the inner ones are fluorocarbons. The lower inner strings of the Ko\'olaus or other nylons often sound a bit mouldy to me and the overall sound seems more lively in this mix. It provides me with the gentleness of the browns when playing fingerstyle. When strumming, the outer strings rule the overall impression. It just looks a little bit funny that the outer strings are thick and light, the inner ones thin and dark. I also tried the Martin fluorcarbs - looked better, but tonally this trick did not work as well with them.

Kind regards,
Ole

doctor dick

Thank you all for the usefull tips !
THREE FRETS ARE ENOUGH FOR A HAPPY UKULELE LIFE