UK UKULELE VISIT TO MAINZ

Begonnen von Eurodriver, 10. Feb 2019, 14:04:26

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Eurodriver

Hello,

Greetings from UK.

I have a small UKULELE band and we want to visit Germany - Mainz region, later this year.  Our plan is for a short trip to see Mainz, play ukulele on a boat trip on the Rhine, and play with a local ukulele group.

We come from Watford - Watford is a twin city with Mainz.

Is any ukulele group in the Mainz area interested interested in playing with us?  Our name is THE NEWKULELE Band.

I hope to hear fro you

Regards

Andy Robertson
Hallo,

Grüße aus Großbritannien.

Ich habe eine kleine UKULELE-Band und wir wollen noch in diesem Jahr Deutschland - Mainz besuchen. Unser Plan ist für eine kurze Reise nach Mainz, zum Spielen von Ukulelen bei einer Bootsfahrt auf dem Rhein und zum Spielen mit einer lokalen Ukulelengruppe.

Wir kommen aus Watford - Watford ist eine Partnerstadt mit Mainz.

Ist eine Ukulelengruppe in der Region Mainz an einem Spiel mit uns interessiert? Unser Name ist THE NEWKULELE Band.

Ich hoffe von dir zu hören

Grüße

Andy Robertson

Dada

Hi Andy,
just read your post, what a great idea! There indeed is a uke group in Mainz/Wiesbaden, a group that meets once a month and that I recently joined. If all is as it should be, the next meeting will take place next week. I am sure our group's ringleader will also see this eventually as well and take proper action.

In the meantime, it might be interesting to know how many perps you are, how long and when you will stay and what other plans you have. If it fits into my schedule, I could give a free tour in English through Mainz, with notes on the cuty's history. I do that once in a while for friends visiting.
( o ) == ::

Eurodriver

Hi Dada,
Our group has over 30 members but I anticipate that about 12-15 will come.

We are thinking of visiting when the "Mainz lebt auf seinen Plätzen" event is on - but I cannot find the date.

Alternatively we would come in early June or early July.

If you can mention this to your group next week that would be fantastic!

Regards

Andy

Dada

Will do! The ,,Mainz lebt auf seinen Plätzen" is a series of events/gigs that the city if Mainz organizes over the summer. Let me try to find out details, and I will get back to you after our meeting next week. Till soon!

Dada

Hi Andy, just checked the website for the event: Mainz lebt auf seinen Plätzen will take place from July 23 to August 29; there are concerts tuesdays, wednesdays and thursdays. There is no schedule yet, the website says it will be published around ,,early summer". I might have more infos after the meeting.

Eurodriver

Thanks.  I look forward to hearing from you.  Regards  Andy

Dada

Sent you a mail last night, Andy.  :-\