Switching the strings

Begonnen von manelvf, 20. Sep 2016, 21:26:52

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

manelvf

Hi!

I'm left-handed and I live in Berlin. I have bought an ukelele from a friend and I would want to know a place for switching the strings and tune it in Berlin. Do you know anyone who can do that?

allesUkeoderwas

Hi 2

Do it yourselfe (it's easy) or go to Gary.
Gary is a left-handed guitarmaker and also a lefthanded  Uke- and guitarplayer...
http://www.tagesspiegel.de/wirtschaft/berlin-aber-oho-cogg-guitars/12629806.html

Jogi from Berlin - I hope, we see us at Berlin Ukulele Stammtisch
Ukulelen: Nur Schrott

Pazukulele

Look here for fairly easy instructions.

Btw., I am left-handed by birth but trained to use both hands ... comes in handy many times ... and with an ukulele, I am actually in doubt whether it is advantageous for lefties to use the left hand for picking or fretting ...

The LORD was ready to save me: therefore we will sing my songs to the stringed instruments all the days of our life in the house of the LORD. (Isaiah 38:20)

apfelrockt

at least as I understand his question it's how to make it suitable for left handed players, not just to simply re-stringing it.
es ist bereits alles gesagt, nur noch nicht von jedem

Pazukulele

In playing the ukulele, both hands are indispensable. I seriously doubt that lefties are better off if they "switch strings" and use the ukulele topsy-turvy. As a born lefty, I'm using my tooth brush with my left hand, and also my pencil when it comes to drawing. But when it comes to weighing fretting against strumming, I can honestly not tell which is easier to accomplish. Both tasks are difficult in themselves, and I don't think I lost anything when I decided to hold the ukulele just as a righty would do. Why don't give it a trial before switching strings? The odds are 50:50 that it will work out just fine.
The LORD was ready to save me: therefore we will sing my songs to the stringed instruments all the days of our life in the house of the LORD. (Isaiah 38:20)